I have been lying low these past few weeks studying for a practical exam (that is done, dusted and passed- phew!), and now for my written exam. That means I have succumbed to what a lot of people do in my situation – procrastibaking!
I had the ultimate procrastibaking session over the weekend making a roast rack of pork with crackling and crispy roast potatoes, teamed with sauerkraut and these carrots with labne.
Labne is a strained yoghurt, or yoghurt ‘cheese’ and its cool creaminess with the smokiness of the paprika really makes the humble carrot shine. It is a delicious way to eat your veggies!
Carrots with Labne
Cool creamy labne and smoky paprika turn the humble carrot into delicious side dish
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Vegetable side
- 10 Dutch carrots
- 1 tspn butter
- Smoked Paprika
- Put a pot of salted water on a high heat to boil
- Wash carrots well and use a knife to lightly scrape off any marks
- Once the water has come to the boil, add carrots and cook for 2 minutes
- Drain the carrots in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop further cooking
- Melt butter in a frypan over medium heat
- Turn up to a high heat and toss the carrots through so that they are coated in the melted butter for around 5 minutes (until carrots have developed some colour)
- Serve on a platter with a dollop of labne and a sprinkle of smoked paprika
And don’t throw out those bushy carrot tops! They can be turned into pesto – check out Heidi’s recipe