Tuesdays and tacos are synonymous these days. But have you ever done a breakfast taco? If not, you really must. Think of your favourite breakfast foods – with an Argentinian twist, wrapped up in a warm tortilla?
In my opinion, breakfast tacos shouldn’t be isolated to breakfast, they make a quick, delicious lunch or dinner as well. And who doesn’t love eating breakfast for dinner! I actually did end up eating these breakfast tacos for lunch when Glenda from A Less Irritable Life came over to my place for a big taco cook up and photo shoot (if you want a recipe for a low FODMAP taco, you need to head over to her site).
The Argentinian twist added to what is a classic breakfast of bacon, eggs and avocado was some corn, chimichurri, lime and hot sauce. It may seem like a mish-mash of flavours to put on a breakfast taco, but trust me, they work.
To be honest, I will just be happy if I have given you a reason to eat tacos at multiple meals during the day 😉
Since when should tacos only be a lunch or dinner meal? Get your taco on first thing in the morning with these quick, tasty breakfast tacos.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 3 eggs
- 250g kaiserfleisch (or bacon)
- ½ avocado
- 100g corn kernels
- 4 tortillas
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Break eggs into a bowl and lightly whisk
- Dice kaiserfleisch and fry in a pan until golden
- In a separate pan, pour in eggs and allow to cook on a medium heat until starting to set on the bottom. With a wooden spoon, cut through the eggs and move them around the pan, so they are more folded than scrambled. Remove from heat before they are set as the residual heat will cook them through
- Scoop the avocado out of its skin and dice
- Drain corn
- Divide eggs, kaiserfleisch, avocado and corn between the four tortillas
- Top with chimichurri, and squeeze each taco with lime. Shake hot sauce over tacos if desired